Simple Christmas Mantel

Today I am joining Layla at The Lettered Cottage for her Holiday Home Linky Party.  We are hosting Christmas at our house so I want to make sure that my spaces reflect comfort and warmth.  This year my new found love with touches of blue continues.  I decided to keep my mantel decorations fairly simple.

In an effort to spend as little money as possible, I chose to use a few more artificial elements this year.  I chose a lighted garland because, although our Christmas tree is in an adjoining room, you can’t see it well from the family room seating.  And I wanted to bring the soft glow of twinkle lights into this room as well.

The mirror remained from my fall display, and as you call tell, it is yet to be hung.  I keep thinking I will have time to paint one of these days.  For now, it remains leaning which means I need to be careful as I work around it.  I chose to make a very simple wreath this year, using materials I had on hand.  I will show you the tutorial later this week.

I used a soft satin fabric and I love the way it reflects the light.  A few ornaments and faux berries make it complete.  It is the perfect statement of simple elegance to hang above the mantel.

The beautiful reindeer on the right side was a splurge purchase from HomeGoods in the fall.  He is so regal and handsome, I couldn’t pass him up.  He is perched next to a favorite silver vase I got last year at Target.  I added a few faux branches to the real thing for a little pop of color.  A simple glass container filled with a variety of ornaments completes this side of the mantel.  Using shiny ornaments in a variety of glass containers is a simple and inexpensive way to add a little holiday flair to your home.  For me, they also remind me of my mom, who first shared this idea with me when I was young.

More ornaments and a few white candles in elegant holders make up the left side of my mantel.  Candlelight adds such a warm and welcoming ambiance to a home.  I love getting cozy by the fire with candlelight and a good movie or book.

Pine cones add a natural element.  I love bringing nature indoors whenever I can.  A few more ornaments here and there complete this Christmas mantel.

This year I was inspired to add a little blue to my favorite browns, silver, gold, and whites.  Is there a new or favorite color that has inspired you this season?  Come join me at Layla’s party and share your holiday mantel.

The Lettered Cottage
PrintFriendly and PDF
This entry was posted in Christmas and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Simple Christmas Mantel

1. So beautiful Kristen!! Love everything about it. And yep, that is one handsome reindeer for sure!! xo

2. Grace says:

Your mantel is a perfect mix of glitter, shine, and hits of blue. I love it.

3. Love that satin wreath! So unique. Did you make it?

Brittany

4. I think your blue and brown mantel should make friends with my blue and brown mantel. :) I did a wreath similar to yours, but it didn’t turn out, so I resorted to coffee filters like everyone else in blogland. Your holiday mantel is soothing, refreshing, elegant and fun!

5. Laurel says:

This is gorgeous. This is my first time to your blog – I’m going to look around a little.

6. Oh, it’s all beautiful! I love the bling and mirror, gorgeous!

7. Cha Cha says:

I love your wreath, so chic. You whole mantel is just beautiful.

Thanks for sharing,

Cha Cha

8. Libby says:

Nice, shiny and bright with beautiful cool colors! Lovely.

9. michaela says:

I love the mirror! And all the sparkly elements are beautiful. The deer is adorable!

10. Lisa says:

Your mantel is so elegant! Really lovely!

11. Beth@A2Z says:

Elegant and classy. I love your silky wreath and the touches of blue are perfect!

12. I have been looking at the mantels on this party and have to say yours is the first one I have commented on…very very nice. Love the color scheme…..

13. I love it! It’s so beautiful! I love all the shiny silver. Very festive!

14. When i stumbled upon your lovely blog….& saw that we have twin brother reindeers on our mantle i knew we’d be friends!!

love yours!!

Melissa x

15. Hi Kristen! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and your sweet comments on my mantel. I am so glad you did, because I have been inspired by YOUR mantel! It’s beautiful! I love all the different elements you have combined here – I may have to revisit mine and add a few more embelishments now. :) Thanks for the inspiration!

16. Jenn says:

I love your mantle! I love all the silver and sparkles, especially paired with the garland. So festive :)

17. I love your mirror and the whole blue and brown scheme. So pretty!

18. Michelle says:

Very crisp and elegantly done! Beautiful colors and sparkle!

Happy Holidays!
    Michelle

19. Jen says:

Love all the shine & sparkle!
    This is a classy Christmas mantle!
    I love it!

20. Aubrey says:

I am definitely a sparkle and shine kind of girl! So gorgeous and puts me in the mood for holiday parties (c: Plus I *love* your little profile intro talking about “wearing the cutest shoes possible” for doing everything…Amen, sister, amen…Life is too short not to wear cute shoes!

21. Vicki V says:

I would love to know where you found that terrific mirror! Gorgeous mantel decor, too!

22. Vivienne says:

It’s beautiful! I love the touch of blue.

23. Pingback: Satin Holiday Wreath — High Heels and a Hammer

24. Joan says:

Love that mirror. Kinda like the lean on top of the mantel — gives the mirror a cool effect. As if that beauty needs any help at all.

25. Pingback: Christmas Countdown Day 2: Christmas Mantels - B. Lovely Events